St. John’s began with a group of dedicated Lutherans meeting in homes in Monett around 1905. A church was formally chartered in August 1919 and the first building was built in 1921. In 1947 the church bought the chapel at Camp Crowder and moved it to Monett at 8th and Park Streets. The current church building, located on H Highway at the edge of Monett, was completed and dedicated in January 1997. The cornerstones of the original church and the new building are set into the brick wall at the entrance to the church bringing together the history and the future of our congregation.
Copyright © 2021 St. John's Lutheran Church - All Rights Reserved.